Certificate in Small Business Accounting
Presented in plain language, the Certificate in Small Business Accounting will give you a sound knowledge of the theory and practice of bookkeeping and business accounting. Our online training course will teach you to analyse and interpret a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement. You will also gain an understanding of financial reporting, profitability analysis and grasp the principles of bugeting and forecasting.
- The ability to analyse and interpret a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement
- Gain an understanding of financial reporting and profitability analysis
- An understanding of the principles of budgeting and forecasting
- A knowledge of the core accounting principles including the accounting equation
- Once you complete Certificate in Small Business Accounting, you could further your studies with our Business Startup course
- Potential career outcomes include: Accounting Position
- This course is specifically designed for job seekers who desire an accounts position, individuals currently in an accounts role who would like to gain a qualification or anyone who manages small business accounts
Course Details & Delivery
Online with The Career Academy, with tutor support via email and phone
- 100 hours/10 hours per week
- Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
- 12 months to complete
- $995.00 (AUD)
Payment plan available
Upon successful completion of this Certificate in Small Business Accounting course, you will be awarded a Statement of Achievement..
Units of Study
- Core accounting principles including the accounting equation
- General Journal - accounts payable and receivable
- Understanding the Trial Balance
- Financial Statements - Profit and Loss / Balance Sheet
- Balance day adjustments including accruals and prepayments
- Fundamentals of GST and income tax
- Practical Payroll including PAYE
- Budgeting and forecasting techniques
- Effective cash flow management and key financial ratios
- Invoicing and an introduction to Xero or MYOB
You will be required to complete 10 assignments
About the course developers
Daniel Hunt & Ngaire Newland have over 20 years’ experience in developing and delivering practical, industry-focused accounting courses.