Terms & Conditions
Enrolment Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions form the agreement between Bloom Learning and the student.
By enrolling in a course provided by Bloom Learning you agree to be legally bound by the following terms and conditions (these “Terms and conditions of enrolment”).
A reference in these Terms and conditions to “we”, “us” or “our” is a reference to Bloom Learning.
By enrolling in a course with us, you:
- confirm that all the information you've given us in connection with your enrolment is complete, true and correct at the time it's given.
- confirm that you have access to a suitable workplace; to a computer with an internet connection and Microsoft Office software or similar; the ability to view YouTube; and any additional hardware, software or equipment as specified on our website for the course in which you are enrolling (your “Course”).
- confirm that you've read and understood all the information in this document, the policies it links to, and that you agree to act in accordance with them.
- accept that it's your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is kept current. Any changes to your name, address, email address, phone numbers, payment options or banking details should be sent to us as soon as practicable.
- agree to retain a current email address by which you can be contacted for the duration of your course, and through which we may communicate formally with you via email and through the learning environment.
- confirm that you understand the challenges in accessing a suitable workplace, particularly for assessment tasks for students that are not of working age.
You acknowledge that you may be prevented from enrolling with us or have your enrolment cancelled if we determine that any of the above statements are untrue, or you are otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions.
Bloom Learning provides flexible delivery with all its structured online educational courses. Students will be expected to complete their course requirements via an integrated system of online & hard copy assessments (depending on the course), work place training (depending on the course). Students will be responsible for having access to the internet for some or all of their course work for all courses and modules. All courses and/or modules have specific formal & informal assessments and workplace assessments (depending on the course). Students are responsible for meeting all of these requirements.
By enrolling in a course with us, you:
- confirm that you've read and understood the fees associated with your Course and agree to pay your requisite fees (plus GST if applicable).
- if you fail to pay any part of the Course fee by the due date, we reserve the right to:
- restrict access to our online learning environment;
- withhold marking of assessments and issuance of qualifications or statements of attainment for partial completion; and
- notify relevant credit agencies of your default.
- if you're paying your Course fee by instalments, you must:
- have a debit/credit card; and
- pay all such instalments on or before the due dates.
- you acknowledge that the Course Fee doesn't include:
- any hardware, software or equipment for your course, as listed as requirements on our website; and
- travel or other personal costs (such as uniforms) associated with undertaking workplace assessments.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Your signed enrolment form acts as confirmation that you accept and commit to paying the fees, as they are stated on your student enrolment form and/or via a payment plan agreement. For any forms submitted electronically, in lieu of your signature, you will need to read and agree to the terms and conditions online to submit your form, by doing so you accept the terms and conditions fully. Students requesting to be "withdrawn" from a Bloom Learning course that have paid the fees in full, are not eligible to a refund of any kind. Students requesting to be "withdrawn" from a Bloom Learning course and have outstanding fees owing due to a payment plan enrolment, are not eligible to a refund of any kind and must pay out the remaining balance before the "withdrawal" can be finalised.
Distance, online students are considered to have commenced their course upon agreeing to the specific course Terms and Conditions. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that they have a complete understanding of all course details & requirements prior to enrolling. There is no opportunity to cancel or obtain a refund of any kind after your enrolment has been processed. Bloom Learning reserves the right to "withdraw" any student from a course as a result of inappropriate behavior and/or offensive language towards staff and trainers. Students must pay out any outstanding fees owing and are not eligible for a refund of any kind.
Students are not permitted to transfer from one course to another. In the event a student does not wish to continue with their course a written request must be submitted to Bloom Learning requesting a "withdrawal". If the student wishes to complete a different course, they must enrol and pay the respective full course fee.
Courses are non-transferrable i.e. a course cannot be transferred from one student to a different individual to complete. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that they are completely knowledgeable with all course details & requirements prior to enrolling. There is no opportunity to cancel or obtain a refund of any kind after your enrolment has been processed.
Extensions / Deferment
Students can obtain extensions on various assessment submissions for their course/s up until the maximum allocated time issued for the completion of their respective course. No additional time can be awarded once the stated completion date has expired. Please refer to our website for individual course durations and/or details of time allocated to complete your course and graduation.
Any assessment item that needs to be re-submitted will incur a $20.00 resubmission fee. For courses that require the submission of hard copy assessments (check respective course details to see if this applies to your course) students must provide an A4 pre-paid self-addressed return envelope. (Please ensure you provide adequate postage on your return envelope i.e. whatever the postage fee is to post your assessment to Bloom Learning, is the same amount you need to put on your return envelope).
You may request a Not Yet Competent (NYC) or Not Yet Achieved (NYA) assessment result to be reviewed for up to 21 days from when the result is issued. Requests for a review of an assessment item must be made in writing to the Bloom Learning Compliance Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grievance and Student Complaint Policy
If a student has a minor grievance or complaint, they can email the Bloom Learning Compliance Officer: email@example.com. All grievances will be treated with confidentiality and will not be detrimental to the student initiating the complaint.
Unless Bloom Learning agrees otherwise in writing, students are provided with access to this website only for personal use. Students are authorised to print a copy of any information contained on this website for personal use, unless such printing is expressly prohibited. Without limiting the foregoing, students may not without written permission from Bloom Learning on-sell information obtained from this website.
By enrolling in a course with us, you're expected to comply with the terms and conditions for using our websites and student platforms for the duration of your enrolment. If we consider that you're not complying with these requirements, we may cancel your enrolment, which may result in your loss of fees.
Some information collected by our website will not in itself identify you, but will provide information about your use of our website (for example ‘clickstream data' or ‘cookies'). We may collect and use this data to track use of our website and/or to help improve our services.
The Bloom Learning website may contain links to other websites (linked websites). Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. Bloom Learning is not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked websites. Bloom Learning links with linked websites should not be interpreted as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by Bloom Learning of the owners or operators of those linked websites, or of any products, information, graphics, materials or services referred to or contained on those linked websites, unless stipulated otherwise by Bloom Learning.
By enrolling in a course with us you
- agree that we may collect personal information (including sensitive information) about you for the purposes of enrolling you in your Course, processing your enrolment application, managing your participation in your Course, improving our products and services, and communicating with you about our products and services (including your Course).
- understand that we're obligated to disclose your personal information to relevant government authorities as required by law and for reporting purposes.
All Bloom Learning courses have specific maximum completion times (Please refer to our website for individual course durations and/or for details of time allocated to complete your course and graduate). This time period includes any workplace training and assessments/work-placement, exams online or any other assessment items. All students will be issued with completion dates for their course or modules to ensure they meet the time frame above. Bloom Learning reserves the right to change course materials, change/modify assessment items or to cancel courses if necessary. In the event of a course or module being cancelled every effort will be made to avoid inconvenience by transitioning students to other courses or modules. Upon enrolment students are confirming they have read the course information and have received the student guide, therefore the student is aware of the requirements and structure of the course.
Subject to these terms and conditions, Bloom Learning:
- agrees to provide you with access to our online learning environment, associated learning material and trainers;
- will respond to your questions throughout your course;
- mark and provide feedback on your assessments;
- provide you with access to our student support services; and
- issue you with certification for your successful completion of a course or part thereof
We may make changes to your Course (including units, learning materials and assessments), to our policies and procedures from time to time, and reasonable changes to our fees.
Our agreement with you is governed by the laws of New South Wales.